MLAnonymousUtils Class Reference
Methods for working with Anonymously logged-in users. Anonymous users have some unique characteristics:
- Anonymous users don't need a user name or password.
- Once logged out, an anonymous user cannot be recovered.
- When the current user is anonymous, the following methods can be used to switch to a different user or convert the
anonymous user into a regular one:
- signUp converts an anonymous user to a standard user with the given username and password. Data associated with the anonymous user is retained.
- logIn switches users without converting the anonymous user. Data associated with the anonymous user will be lost.
- Service logIn (e.g. Facebook, Twitter) will attempt to convert the anonymous user into a standard user by linking it to the service. If a user already exists that is linked to the service, it will instead switch to the existing user.
- Service linking (e.g. Facebook, Twitter) will convert the anonymous user into a standard user by linking it to the service.
Creating an Anonymous User
Determining Whether a MLUseris Anonymous
Whether the user is logged in anonymously.
+ (BOOL)isLinkedWithUser:(nullable MLUser *)user
User to check for anonymity. The user must be logged in on this device.
True if the user is anonymous. False if the user is not the current user or is not anonymous.